Today, I honor my Mother,
Alice Dahn,
on her Birthday.
My Mom resides in the great state of Idaho
but she has been in South Carolina this month
assisting Dave and his family as he
recovers from his lung surgery.
(I'll give you an update on him tomorrow)
The following is a picture of my parents
taken the very moment I came into their lives.
(My parents are on the left and their lawyer is on the right)

And here you see my mother
taking a stranger's baby in her arms...
to care for and love as her own.
I believe it takes a special woman
to unconditionally love another's child.

My parents had adopted Chad
13 months before I came along.
Here you see Chad lovin' on me,
his new baby sis'...

...Chad was my closest friend as we were growing up.
He protected me and encouraged me.

Eventually, my parents adopted Dave
and then went on to have 5
of their own natural children.
And that's how we became a family of 10!
Words cannot express the gratitude that
I have for my "birth mother"
for making the self-less choice.
I know she made many sacrifices to
carry me to term and then give me
up for adoption. She gave me life.
(And yes, I feel that I have a voice in the ever controversial
abortion debate - since I very well could have ended up
a murdered unborn...shudder)

And then my Mom took over from there,
loving me as her own and doing her best
to teach me and prepare me for my time
in this surreal earthly existence.
And for that, I am eternally grateful.
I Love You, MOM.
Hope your birthday was FABULOUS!
P.S. your gift shipped late but will be there tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment