This little monkey was delighted this weekend ....
... because she was able to sneak in some One-on-One time with mommy ...
That's right, Annika had mommy all to herself for a few hours on Saturday and that was a rare opportunity for her - being the 3rd child AND middle daughter (poor thing).
Saturday was the annual Christmas Parade in Franklin and Annika and I joined several little dancing beauties (and their mommies) from her dance class on the Sheridan School of Dance float.
Per was busy during this time running Torby to a birthday party, dropping Anders off at his football game (Franklin High played in the state championship game Saturday - but sadly lost to a tough team), picking up new air filters and flourescent lighting from the hardware store, and then picking Torby up from the laser tag birthday party. He tried to get all this done and still catch some of the parade but no luck :-(
So I snapped off a few photos from my vantage point on the float ... I was surrounded by a sea of pink Santa hats ...
The crowds were great - much better than the crowds I encountered one year when I marched in the New Year's Day Rose Bowl parade in California with my high school marching band (the crowd was drunk, throwing garbage at us if we didn't constantly entertain them, and jeering when we didn't march through the knee-deep piles of elephant dung in the street - ummm NICE ... real NICE).
The girls threw fistfuls of candy to the kids in the crowd which made them wildly popular - they were superstars - if only for a day!
I had to stick in this photo of a home on the parade route. Historic Franklin is full of lovely old homes, many from the civil war area. I'm finally starting to appreciate rustic and antique items - so charming and rich in history. I used to only like new things ... I think it's the perfectionist in me that couldn't appreciate scratches and dents in older items ... now I am able to see the character that a few years adds to a lot of things - including people!!!
Annika is my shy girl right now. It wasn't until we left the crowds and settled in for some lunch at a favorite pizza shop that she finally opened up and agreed to model her parade outfit for the camera.
What a doll! My time spent with you was the highlight of my weekend, Annika. You probably won't even remember this day a few years from now, but please know that I loved snuggling with you on the float today as we huddled together to stay warm and I always enjoy your infectious smile (crooked, banged-up teeth and all) and your sweet spirit. Dance like no one is watching my little princess! I love you~
No comments:
Post a Comment