Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OK but Seriously ... I do love my neighbors

While admittedly, the deer that live in my backyard are the best neighbors one could ask for (in my humble opinion) I do also love my HUMAN neighbors.  I'm really lovin' them right now because every single neighbor that I invited to my concert on Sunday actually showed up!

Do I feel special ... yes, I feel special ... though they likely dropped by to see the famous musicians - not me.  And I have a few coworkers upset with me right now, because I planned this little event on a weekend that they were out of town. It's nothing personal ... I PROMISE!!!

We had a full house Sunday and the music was incredible.  I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't get very many good photos of the evening.  In fact, I need to go out and buy a CD so I can listen to the songs because I also missed most of the performance (playing hostess is a grueling but rewarding job). The songs from this album tell a great story of the history of the pioneer trek out West in the 1800's and for those that don't know the history of this trek, believe me, it is quite inspiring.  You can check out more on the band here: Nashville Tribute Band

These pics will give you a little taste of the evening (for those of you far away folks that couldn't join us on Sunday)...

I warned you I didn't get very many good pictures.  I didn't want to use the flash too much and the musicians were thumpin' and groovin' ... and basically not cooperating during my limited photo ops.  The above photo was my attempt at a close-up of Jason.


Some of these guys flew in to Nashville just in time for the concert and Jason was suffering from a cold but the show went on!!!  They were all in Australia for a concert most recently (LUCKY).




This was my view from the balcony were I set up a "Kiddie Corral" for the little ones.  Of course, I spent most of the night trying to keep the aforementioned little ones QUIET!  And....

...guarding the food from these gremlins (note the look on Torby's face "nothing to see here, Mom ... we're just ever so nonchalantly checking out this rather uninteresting spread of food)...

... please note in this picture that Torby is making his move on the Chocolate Bomb that I bought from Puffy Muffin (mmmmm it was good)...


...Annika just wanted to play Vanna White.  Who am I kidding - she doesn't even know who Vanna is, but she makes a cute side to my table of sweets...

I owe a huge THANK YOU to everyone that joined us Sunday and made the evening so enjoyable...especially the grossly underpaid entertainers for the evening (meaning they did this for free... to share an incredible message ... but in my defense, I fed them well)!!!  I am truly blessed with great family, friends, and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment