As I was scurrying to get the kids ready for school and myself ready for work one morning this week I came across Little Miss Kyra ... totally oblivious of the hustle and bustle around her ... enjoying a soothing morning breeze as it warmed her little body and playfully tossled her curly locks of hair.

No, we didn't have an unexpected heat-streak hit Tennessee this week (no signs of global warming here). She just loves to gather a few toys each morning and set up camp over a warm heat vent... this particular morning she was playing with her Strawberry Shortcake magnets.
So blissfully content! Why can't we recall those wonderful years before the age of 3 when life is so absolutely perfect? Those years when we expect so little and find joy in the simplest pleasures in life?
Wish I could have traded places with Kyra on this morning!
So blissfully content! Why can't we recall those wonderful years before the age of 3 when life is so absolutely perfect? Those years when we expect so little and find joy in the simplest pleasures in life?
Wish I could have traded places with Kyra on this morning! P.S. - Kyra's little pink cast is history. Her arm healed perfectly and she is back to climbing and jumping and various other acrobatic moves that give her parents simultaneous heart-attacks.

Ummm, so I should have given up this morning ritual a long time ago? Is that what your telling me? Dang it! LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteShe looks like a sweetie and content with life :O)