This morning as I walked into the kitchen during the 3rd shift I mumbled to Per "hmmmm, piss and pancakes". He looked at me a little strange so I explained "our kitchen smells like piss and pancakes this morning" to which he quipped "ya know, we should open a Bed and Breakfast and name it Piss and Pancakes". I love that about him ... how he just rolls with me ... and finds humor in our chaotic lives. You see, we have 2 little girls in the throes of potty training ... which means they have the occasional accident, of course. When my 3 year-old has an accident she tries to hide the evidence ... so one never knows when they will happen upon a pair of her dainty undies tucked away in a nook of our fine home :-) Now you understand why my kitchen smelled like piss and pancakes this morning??? Didn't want anyone thinking we live this perfect life or anything crazy like that!!!!
I think I'll have a sign made to hang over the bed in the guest room ...
Piss and Pancakes
A fine Bed and Breakfast Establishment
Please enjoy your stay
On another subject, Monday night is our family night. That means a quick gospel-centered lesson for the children - part of our ongoing efforts to instill some morals in our offspring - followed by a family activity and a yummy treat. Monday night the Titans were playing a home game here in Nashville (go Titans ... we're 7 and 0 now) so the boys wanted to watch that on TV for our family night activity. If you're wondering why we didn't attend the game that's because it was cold here on Monday night ... like 40 degrees... and I hate shivering through a cold football game (ha ha ... that's funny coming from a Montana girl raised in sub freezing temperatures)!!!! Anders teases us for thinking that 40 degrees is cold! Speaking of cold, you should see the beautiful pictures his mom sent me of Norway this afternoon - they have tons of snow today! I'll have to share the photos tomorrow...Norway is lovely... but I digress...
Back to my story, we GIRLS worked on a craft while the boys watched their football game. The girls were very helpful with the Mod Podge and they were quite pleased with our final product:
I've been wanting to make one of these fun Boo Boards for a couple years now but just never got around to it and then I saw a really cute Boo Board that my friend Erin made and I was inspired. Her creation is much cuter than mine ... but she owns her own scrap booking company so of course she's going to create some pretty awesome stuff. You can check out her creations and get inspired here. I'm going to find a retailer that carries her products ASAP so we can get to work on some Christmas crafts...maybe I'll even send some of our creations to y'all for Christmas (did you like the y'all - had to throw in some southern dialect for my West Coast family and friends). I love you my darling daughters ... even though some of you wake up cranky and refuse to eat the breakfast we prepared for you while others (I won't name any names) wake up smelling like urine but still cheerfully greet me with "Mom, I didn't pee my pants last night!!!" ;-)
Now that's life unedited right there!

No comments:
Post a Comment